Innovative Teaching Grants
Create a plan to bring the excitement of learning into your classroom. Group and individual grants are funded annually.
2023 Grant Application Timeline
- January 10, 2023 Call for Grants
- February 10, 2023 Grants Due to JISD Principals by 4:00pm for Review (applications not submitted to principals on or before this date will not be accepted)
- February 24, 2023 Completed Application due to JEF by 4:00pm
- March 1, 2023 Grant scoring due from Grant Selection Committee.
- March 8, 2023 Education Foundation Board of Directors Meeting
- March 20, 2023 School Board Meeting
- April __, 2023 Grants Awarded
- May 25, 2023 All purchase orders submitted to business office for awarded grants.
- December 20, 2023 Grant Evaluations due to JEF by end of fall semester
Grant Writing Tips!
- Remember your audience may not be teachers. Please provide a summary that anyone could understand.
- Work with a previous grant writer.
- Budget accordingly and provide detail.
- Remember that grants are to align with school goals.
- Identify a means of evaluation - good or bad, we want to know how it worked out. Grant Evaluation Form